EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Friday, November 11, 2005

Armistice Day

It is called Veteran's Day now.

But it sure means a lot to me, especially after the events of the past five years.

Back in the late 60s and early 70s, when I was a pacifist and strongly opposed to the War in Vietnam. I despised celebrations of all things military.

I don't any more. I am grateful for the veterans who defended the way of life we enjoy.

I am in a community band that will be playing at the local ceremony in Goderich, Ontario. I will be wearing a poppy.
 
Who Links Here