EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Spider Stalemate

I realize I don't appear to manage my time as efficiently as others. But given my preferences and abilities, who is to say what is efficient and what isn't?

Anyway, before I became addicted to blogging, I played a lot of Spider solitaire. I played at the medium difficulty level. One question keeps bugging me:

In order to get the game to deal out a new set of cards, each of the columns must have at least one card in it. What happens if you've managed to peel off a whole bunch of runs, and there aren't enough cards left to fill each column? I've never done this, but it looks as if it should be possible.
I wonder if blogging and playing Spider fit the advice cited in the Marginal Revolution, "If you want to improve your well-being, make sure that you allocate your time wisely."
 
Who Links Here