EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Social Conservative and Free Market Advocate

Anyone who has read this blog for long understands that I am definitely an advocate of the free market. I didn't realize what an old fuddy-duddy I was on social issues, though:

You are a

Social Conservative
(38% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(81% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Capitalist




Link: The Politics Test on OkCupid Free Online Dating
Also: The OkCupid Dating Persona Test
I have always thought of myself as much more libertarian than this test says. Two possibilities present themselves:
  1. I have been deluding myself. Really, I'm just a curmudgeonly grouch.
  2. The test is flawed.

I prefer the second option. [thanks to Composite Drawlings, also a capitalist, for the pointer]

Since I didn't agree with the results the first time, I took the survey again. I'm not sure I agree with the criteria, but at least this time I was able to cook the results to get what I wanted:

You are a

Social Liberal
(63% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(78% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Libertarian




Link: The Politics Test on Ok Cupid
Also: The OkCupid Dating Persona Test


Note to my students:
No, you do not get to write an exam a second time if you do not like the results from the first time you wrote it.
I see that Kent is right in the middle as a capitalist.
 
Who Links Here