EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Gilbert & Sullivan at the White House
"Stick close to your desks and never go to sea"

Stephen Karlson says this song from H.M.S. Pinafore keeps coming to mind when he thinks about George Bush's nomination of Harriet Miers to be a Supreme:

I always voted at my party's call,
And I never thought of thinking for myself at all.
I thought so little, they rewarded me
By making me the Ruler of the Queen's Navee!

It captures the essence of the arguments by Kip Esquire and George Will that she's not qualified for the job. Their arguments remind me of Michael Brown's lack of qualifications to head FEMA.

But be sure to read the comments at Kip's blog.
 
Who Links Here