EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Libertarian Party Convention

I will be off to Trono today to visit the Libertarian Party of Canada's Convention. I will probably join the party. Stephen Harper has moved the Conservative Party too far to the centre, and he engages in too much sophomoric point-scoring rather than concentrating on making the point that gubmnt should not be viewed as an unpaid insurer-of-last-resort for folks who lose money. Nor does he seem to think that gubmnt is too big. So I am examining the Libertarian Party, since that is where my sympathies tend to lie anyway.

I do this with some trepidation. Despite my libertarian instincts, I have met some libertarians in the past who are flat out wackos. I hope those folks are not out in big numbers at this convention.

If possible, I might be able to blog some impressions while I'm there.
 
Who Links Here