EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Buddy Wasisname
and the Other Fellers

In the early 1990s, I had the joy of visiting St. Johns, Newfoundland. While I was there, I had at least as much joy, hearing Buddy Wasisname & the Other Fellers. I immediately bought their album, Flatout, which appears to be difficult to come by these days, which is both unfortunate and understandable. I hope they plan a re-issue soon.

I love the songs, "Sarah", "Dear Mr. Ford", and their all-time classic, with which every Canadian can identify, "Peein' in the Snow" [Gazin' down the hole; it's the only thing that makes me feel like spring]. I was pleased to learn a few years ago that one of my friends and his sons also enjoy the music of Buddy Wasisname and the Other Fellers.

Image my joy, yesterday, when I was reminded that Buddy Wasisname and the Other Fellers will be in London, Ontario, tonight. I immediately ordered a pair of tickets and invited my son, David Ricardo Palmer, to join me. Here are a couple of links for Amazon.com and Amazon.ca whence you can purchase copies of their albums.

. . . . . .

Update: The concert was better than I had hoped! See my review here.
 
Who Links Here