EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Young Stud Auctions Himself Off
as Prom Date

Kip at "A Stitch In Haste" has this piece about a young man who auctioned himself off on E-bay as a prom date.
Stu Hemesath has earned $29.95 -- as a prom date. The high school senior from La Porte City auctioned himself off as a date on the Internet auction site eBay on Thursday. He will accompany Rachel Kay, 17, to her Cedar Falls prom. The two say they have never met....

Hemesath wasn't shy about his description, saying he's 5 feet 10 inches tall, 150 pounds, popular and a wrestler. He added: "I have a lot of girls telling me I'm pretty hot."
You have to love Kip's tagline:
Gee, whenever I offer $30 bucks to a hot male high school student to go out with me, I'm labeled a pervert. Discrimination sucks...
which leads me to wonder what would have happened if Kip had entered the bidding and won.
 
Who Links Here