EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Son of Ban the Penny (and Nickel)


Whenever something about my interest in getting rid of pennies and nickels is carried nationwide (in Canada), there is a flurry of interest from talk shows and others. This one might be of interest:

CBC Radio One (live audio streaming via the internet)

Between 1pm and 2pm (EST) today, February 1st (2005), I'll be interviewed and possibly subjected to calls from listeners.

UPDATE: JC writes about the UAE, "The dirham has 100 fils. I've never seen a fil. I think I've seen a 5 fil coin. In change the seller generally rounds to the nearest half dirham, to his/her advantage."
 
Who Links Here