EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Gubmnt Soup and the Libertarian Diet

My friend, Ken E., talked with me at length last fall about the importance of eating natural meats and eggs and cutting down on the carbs. Sort of like the Atkins or South Beach diets, I guess, but not exactly.

And now, I see from Tom Luongo's blog, that maybe all the ruckus about diets has something to do with gubmnt intervention in agricultural markets. One of the books he mentions is There's a Government in Your Soup -- sort of a libertarian's guide to food.

Tom's review (and discussions of diet) are amusing and interesting -- well worth reading. And so are the Amazon reviews of this book. Here is a quote from Tom:

Basically, the Libertarian Food groups are:
1) Meat
2) Fat
3) Salt
4) Hot Peppers
5) Alcohol

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my diet, which is augmented only by
some good cheese and bowlfuls of whole nuts.

Well, I will have to ease into that hot pepper thing;

meanwhile, I'm working on building up my alcohol intake.

And, based on the polymeal, don't forget the chocolate.

 
Who Links Here