EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Digital Cameras

If you've been following this blog much, you know that I've done some semi-serious photography over the past few years. Several of my photos have won prizes, and I've had a number of exhibitions.

A year and a half ago, I switched to digital, mostly to avoid the hassles of carrying film through airports. After reading the reviews, I bought a Minolta, and I've been very happy with the 13"x 19" prints I've made from some of these photos taken with that camera; however, if I were buying a digital camera today, I would almost surely buy the Nikon CoolPix 8800, which also gets good ratings from this man. It's both convenient and flexible, yet high quality.
I use an Epson 2200 to print my photos; it does an excellent job.
I still have a Pentax 35mm camera and lenses, and a Yashica medium format camera, but I haven't use either for nearly a year.
 
Who Links Here